Directions Health Services
Case Manager – Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD)
Click here to download the Position Description PD Case Manager – Murrumbidgee July 2020
Directions Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of integrated services and programs for people affected by alcohol and other drug issues, their families, and the wider community. Our regional Pathways programs are based on a harm minimisation approach and are provided in a non-judgemental and respectful manner.
Fixed Term, full time position (Maternity Leave cover) based in either Wagga Wagga or Griffith, providing community-based treatment, case management and support clients and family members impacted by alcohol and other drug issues for Pathway’s Murrumbidgee suite of programs.
- Develop individual support plans for Murrumbidgee residents waiting admission to rehabilitation programs
- Provide follow-up case management support for clients exiting rehabilitation programs, in consultation with the respective rehabilitation service staff
- Develop productive relationships and referral pathways with AOD agencies and other relevant support services
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary at SCHADS Level 4 plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Experience in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and/or Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Work
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends, and good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Group facilitation skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a NSW Working with Children Check, current First Aid and CPR certification, and a satisfactory National Police Check.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ Carolyn Andreae on 02 6132 4800 or alternatively you can email [email protected]