Directions Health Services
Directions Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of integrated services and programs for people affected by alcohol and other drug issues, their families, and the wider community.
Our Arcadia House program operates as a Therapeutic Community, is based on a harm minimisation approach in which the community itself, through self-help and mutual support, is the principal means for promoting personal change. Arcadia House manages withdrawal, transition and day programs and has both residential and day programs.
This position will provide assessment and case management for clients seeking to participate in and/or exiting Arcadia House programs, under guidance of Continuum of Care Coordinator.
- Provide interim support and case management the within continuum of Care service model.
- Provide individual support for clients awaiting Arcadia House services, and their families, in consultation with Arcadia House Team.
- Develop strong relationships and referral pathways with other Directions programs and external agencies and services
- Participate in ongoing quality improvement and safety framework
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and/or Cert IV or the 4 core competencies of the Certificate IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Work
- Demonstrated experience working in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector, and/or case management in a relevant area
- Australian Citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia
- A current Driver’s Licence
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP check, current First Aid and CPR certification, and a satisfactory National Police Check.
For more information, please contact Carolyn Andreae, on 02 6132 4841.