Click here to download the Position Description
Our Arcadia House program operates as a Therapeutic Community, is based on a harm minimisation approach in which the community itself, through self-help and mutual support, is the principal means for promoting personal change. Arcadia House manages withdrawal, transition and day programs and has both residential and day programs.
Permanent, full time or part time position (negotiable) based in Bruce, ACT, providing community-based treatment, case management and support for clients impacted by alcohol and other drug issues and access to the Directions suite of programs.
- Provide case management, and work collaboratively with clients to create comprehensive treatment support, and exit plans
- Provide group facilitation, crisis support, and clinical work with clients in accordance with Therapeutic Community and Harm Minimisation principles
- Collect and maintain data and documentation in an accurate manner
- Promote and contribute to a continuous quality improvement framework
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Competitive salary plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills, and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Experience in the Alcohol and Other Drug sector
- Qualification or currently studying towards a qualification, in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field and/or Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drug Work
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends, and good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Group facilitation skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP check, current First Aid and CPR certification, and a satisfactory National Police Check.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ HR on 02 6132 4841 or Meg Diggle on 02 6129 5950, or alternatively you can email [email protected]