Health Professional Level(s) 2-4
Althea Wellness Centre, Woden ACT
Directions Health Services is a not-for-profit organisation that provides a range of integrated services and programs for people affected by alcohol and other drug issues, their families, and the wider community. Our regional Pathways programs are based on a harm minimisation approach and are provided in a non-judgemental and respectful manner.
Part time (3 days per week) position based in Canberra, working under the direction of the Director of Service Delivery, this position is responsible for providing psychology services to Directions Health Services clients.
The Psychologist will support integrated, holistic service provision through collaboration with medical, counselling, case management and other client services teams within the organisation, including outreach sites.
- Work directly with clients to conduct holistic psychological assessments, develop individual treatment and mental health care plans, and deliver individual and group interventions informed by evidenced-based theory and a harm reduction approach
- Provide support to the community-based treatment team in providing quality screening, assessment and treatment of psychological issues to clients
- Undertake activities that promote coordination and continuity of care and promote the development of professional networks, e.g. case conferences,
- Foster close working relationships with other Directions programs and participate in relevant clinical and staff meetings to ensure services are well integrated, client centred and evidence based
- Engage in evaluation of own performance and that of line staff, including ensuring regular supervision and performance management through the Annual Performance Review process
- When required, provide outreach to vulnerable population groups, alongside other allied health staff
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary at Health Professional Level 2-4 plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Full registration as a Psychologist (preferably Clinical) with APRHA and the Australia Psychological Society
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a community or general practice setting
- Alcohol and Other Drug qualification or willingness to obtain
- Demonstrated understanding of the impact of substance use on clients and family members/friends, and good working knowledge of effective treatment and support options and harm minimisation strategies
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP Check, satisfactory National Police Check. First Aid & CPR certification.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ Carolyn Andreae on 02 6132 4841 or alternatively you can email [email protected]
Applications should hit the Apply for Job button below or by emailing [email protected] and include a current CV and letter outlining your suitability for the position and be received by 6th December 2020.