Directions Health Services
Althea Wellness Centre at Directions Health Services provides primary clinical care and support to vulnerable clients with complex needs, and their family members/significant others. The service is primarily designed to meet the needs of people who have current or past substance use issues and/or other complex needs, who do not have a regular GP or are unable to have their needs met in mainstream health services.
Our Mental Health Nurse will work in the Woden clinic and various outreach locations that our mobile clinic “PAT” attends, in a supportive multidisciplinary team environment that includes GPs, nurses and allied health staff, as well as other Directions program staff, to facilitate an integrated holistic response.
The Mental Health Nurse is responsible for providing clinical mental health care, coordination and support for people with complex conditions, including mental illness and alcohol and other drug use, in clinic based and outreach settings. The position is a fixed term position and will also support the Althea multidisciplinary team and other Directions’ practitioners through providing mental health consultation, information and advice.
- Actively engage with Directions’ client group using a client-centred, non-judgemental, recovery oriented approach
- Undertake comprehensive mental health assessments of clients referred by Althea Wellness Centre and Directions’ programs
- Plan and provide direct clinical mental health care and support in collaboration with clients and the multidisciplinary team
- Coordinate holistic case management with other Directions’ practitioners and other service providers as required
- Promote a continuous quality improvement and safety framework and ensure ongoing adherence to relevant clinical guidelines
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary range between Registered Nurse 1-2 (Enrolled Nurses with relevant experience will be considered)
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17.5% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Registered General Nurse with current Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency registration
- Post Graduate mental health qualification
- Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or equivalent (or willingness to undertake)
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience, preferably in a community or general practice setting
- Proven clinical competency in undertaking mental health assessments, treatment and case management
- Australian Citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia
- A current Driver’s Licence is required
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP Check, satisfactory National Police Check, First Aid and CPR certification.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ HR and Operations Manager, Carolyn Andreae on 02 6132 4841 or alternatively you can email [email protected]