Directions Health Services
Althea Wellness Centre provides primary clinical care and support to vulnerable clients with complex needs, and their family members/significant others. The service is primarily designed to meet the needs of people who have current or past substance use issues and/or other complex needs, who do not have a regular GP or are unable to have their needs met in mainstream health services.
As Practice Manager, will work closely with the General Practitioners, nurses, pharmacist, mental health, psychology, reception and other staff to ensure a high standard of customer service to clients; develop and implement workplace practices and procedures; and manage all reception and front of house activities to ensure service delivery staff are well supported to facilitate a professional and holistic service to Directions clients.
The position is full time, with flexible hours.
- Work collaboratively with Althea team members and other Directions staff members to support a comprehensive and holistic approach to meeting clients’ needs and participate in case reviews, as required
- Support the Althea clinic and outreach operations through general practice coordination and stock management activities, including managing the operational needs of the mobile clinic
- Ensure documentation is up to date and of an appropriate standard, including data entry, reports and other written communication, and ensure effective handover of information when required
- Maintain professional and clinical standards in relation to service delivery and confidentiality
- Take responsibility to work in accordance with health and safety guidelines and Directions’ policies and procedure and actively engage in continuous quality improvement and risk management processes
- Engage in evaluation of own performance and performance of administration staff through the Annual Performance Review process
What we offer:
- A flexible and supportive work environment
- Salary between $75,972 – 83,733 plus superannuation, commensurate with qualifications, skills and experience
- Generous salary packaging benefits
- 17½% leave loading
- Professional development and training opportunities
What we would like you to have:
- Qualification/Certificate IV in Administration or Medical Administration and/or proven experience in this field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience, preferably in a community or general practice setting
- Demonstrated leadership and staff management experience
- A current Driver’s Licence is required
All appointments will be conditional upon having a WWVP Check, satisfactory National Police Check. First Aid & CPR certification.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information regarding the position, please contact Directions’ HR and Operations Manager, Carolyn Andreae on 02 6132 4841 or alternatively you can email [email protected]