Please click here for a copy of the Position Description
The Senior Mental Health / Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) Case Manager is responsible for providing integrated mental health and AOD assessment, treatment and coordination for people with complex conditions in clinic-based and outreach settings in the Yass and Upper Lachlan areas. The position will support and extend the existing services provided by the growing local Pathways Goulburn Region program.
- Undertake holistic, age-appropriate and culturally sensitive assessment of clients seeking to address drug and alcohol use and comorbid mental health issues
- Work within a harm reduction framework to develop individual treatment and support plans to address concurrent comorbidities, in collaboration with clients, their treating doctor, and other clinicians involved in their care
- Provide integrated, trauma informed clinical care, mental health treatment, brief interventions, case management and other support services in accordance with the client’s individual treatment and support plans
- Provide information, education, early intervention, counselling and support to clients and their families
- Build effective relationships with other services including mental health services, primary health services and other health and community service providers, and work collaboratively to ensure effective coordination and continuity of care
- Ensure documentation and data collection is timely, complete and of an appropriate standard, including assessments, client case notes, treatment outcomes measures, reports and other written communication, and ensure effective handover of information when required
To be considered you will have:
- Qualification in Counselling/Social Work/Psychology/Nursing/other relevant field
- Mental Health qualification (or willingness to undertake)
- Cert IV in Alcohol and Other Drugs or equivalent (or willingness to undertake)
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience, preferably in a community setting
- Proven clinical competency in undertaking mental health and AOD assessment, treatment and case management
All appointments will be conditional upon a satisfactory National Police Check, Working with Children Check and Australian citizenship or suitable rights to work in Australia.
For more information regarding the positions please contact Carolyn Andreae on 02 6132 4800.